08 December 2006

Where’s CompUSA When I Need it?!

This afternoon the inverter (batter backup system) guy was here installing our old inverter from the old apartment. Since electricity goes off here frequently (sometimes 6-8 hours on Thursdays alone) we have a battery back up for the computers, lights and ceiling fans. BUT, when the electrician came, he found he had to rewire the breaker box and in so doing, the electrical issues appeared to mess up my wireless router. It wouldn’t work, so after a few hours I was on the phone and out the door to every computer store I could think of (where’s that CompUSA when I need it!!!) to look for one. After about 1 hour on the road and waiting for 3 hours, I was back at the house with the new router.

Then, after fiddling for another hour, I actually got the old one to work again! Go figure. So, now, after a few days work, our house is wired: my computer, the kid’s home school computer and Merrilea’s laptop…and, best of all, the printer is now on the network so I can simply press ‘click’ and my document prints in the other room! I used to save my documents on a thumb drive and walk back and forth between rooms to print out things (try 8 times yesterday alone). If all remains the same, we are wired and ready to go! Thanks Lord!



On anther note, here's Maria practicing.....whose eyes are closed? ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the electric probs. Keeps life interesting, right?!

Dr. Who in 17 days!!! Yahoo!

Maria looks like she's having a BLAST!!!! I expect its easier to ride that thing than drive a car.

M1 says "You're lucky Maria!" and "Can you please send a family picture?"
Love you guys! Me.