06 June 2007

A day in June…


Maria is spending the night with her friend, Meisha, one of her best friends here in India. Danielle (who currently is grounded) is learning Ps 91 and Hebrews 12:1-2 to become ‘ungrounded.’ Nafisa…well she’s just her happy self. She scared me today as she opened the front door when a local guy rang the door bell. No one else appeared to have heard the doorbell, but there was Nafisa… I think it’s about time we installed the security door which would need a bit more of a brain to open (I hope!).

Merrilea received a call today from Waheyda, her Muslim librarian friend so she’s out with her. I’ve cooked steak and potato for supper and am about ready to give Nafisa a bath.

I’ve been gone for 2 weeks. In that time, the girl’s bathroom sink faucet broke and as the rains have begun, we found water coming in under the door from our bedroom patio. I’m glad that a mason and plumber were only a few blocks away. We hope to get that fixed tomorrow. AND, after getting cut off with DELL computers in the US four times yesterday, I finally got hooked up with their tech guys who promised to call in the next few days to come to our home and fix my DVD drive! The funny part of it was, two of the times I called, I got someone with an Indian accent. Turns out they were in Delhi and in Bangalore…here in India! Too bad I couldn’t have paid local instead of international calling rates !

Missing our family and friends in the US.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill:

How did you get the rose to be red in the black and white picture?

Tim and Amy said...

Hey Bill - Love the pic! Don't know who left the above question, but I have the same question! Cool! Thanks for updating the blog - it's great to hear how you guys are all doing and see pics. Time to teach Nafisa some safety lessons, huh? :-)

Love yah.
Me.