10 December 2008

Another Servant Goes Home

As we've adjusted to life back here in India, a long-time friend of our family's from the South Shore of Massachusetts has gone to be with the Lord.

My earliest memories of Alex Canavan were from a Christian business mens' organization. He led a bunch of guys to publicly live out their faith...both in word and deed. His leadership aided my spiritual growth and my dad's back in the 1980's. He was one given to seeing God's people united in prayer and action. We'd meet in monthly meetings at Valley's Steak House/Hilltop Steak House in Braintree where the current Toyota dealership is now. Grossman's lumber yard was behind it...now where the malls are.

I did not know him that well though my dad did. What characterizes Alex in my memory in those years was his joyful faithfulness to and love for God and people. He was a gifted, outspoken man and for those tender years as young teenager, he was one of the significant models for me of what a life lived in pursuit of God meant.

Thanks, Alex and Maureen. I've been blessed by your lives.

No comments: