11 December 2008

Turning 40!

Things I'll carry with me from my last year under 40...
  1. In 2007 the New England Patriots were undefeated on my birthday, having just beat Pitt. Steelers 34 to 13! Even though I ate my words at for 2008 Superbowl!
  2. Merrilea's parents and brother came to visit (Harold & Emma, Jonathan & Sarah)
  3. Trip to Thailand and Nepal in January '08
  4. Reunions with family in the US!
  5. Dr. Pepper (over a dollar a can) was available in Pune
  6. Coffee Jar. Need I say more!
  7. God used Nafisa to keep me laughing when I'd rather have complained.
  8. God used Joseph to help keep me faithful to my promises
  9. God used Danielle to keep my priorities on family over work
  10. God used Maria to help me remember time with my kids is more important than time on the computer
  11. Married two weeks shy of 17 years to Merrilea today.
  12. Ushering in 2008 with friends and family in Pune
  13. New Friends from Oklahoma
  14. Maria and Joseph left home for the 1st time for CYIA
  15. Remembering Larry Norman who died Feb 2008
  16. Great times in Malegaon with Paul and Ross
  17. Great times in Aurangabad with Jim and David
  18. Sweet Comfort Band CDs from Amazon.Com!
  19. Time in the Word with local guys
  20. Thailand meetings with our colleagues, getting recharged.
  21. Time in the US with family and friends on our journey Aug-Nov in NY, PA, MA, Chicago, Billings, Casper, Colorado, Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia, South Carolina, Maryland, Florida, Virginia....
  22. Will never forget great reunions with long-time friends in Georgia!
  23. Glen Eyrie in November!
  24. Generous and loving in-laws
  25. New England foliage
  26. Apple & Raspberry picking in VT
  27. The variety of topography in the US as we drove 14,500 miles.
  28. Carnegie Science Center, Pittsburgh, PA
  29. Clam bake with Lobsters at Amy's! (THANKS MOM!)
  30. Disney with my brother and his family - Thanks John & FBC Orldando!
  31. Sweet reunion with Bob & Shamira
  32. Fair in Cocoa and time at Cocoa beach with my nieces and nephews!
  33. Fair in Kittanning, PA in August
  34. Maryland and South Carolina Friends!
  35. Niagara Falls at night
  36. From $4.25 for gas down to $1.95 all in 4 months!
  37. ....... The list goes on!




1 comment:

Tim and Amy said...

You only needed 3 more!!! :-) Love yah Bill. Happy 40th Birthday!